Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Celebrity

I
had some time on my hands

and decided
it
would be a good time to
visit
the kids.

It wasn't easy,
to
teach them,
inspire them,
make them laugh,
keep them safe,
guide them.

So far
it has
been the most important
thing
I have done with myself.

They
let me know
I was missed with
a genuine honesty,
not found
in any
teenager,
adult,
or old
person
let down
more
than
their fair share...

I was missed.

They swarmed me, like little papparatizzi.

They
handed me gifts,
of melted chocolate bars,
drawings of
flowers,
used erasers,
and a
half eaten candy.

They let me sing out loud,
they
wanted to hear me
sing
when
once they booed.

They
made me feel
important.

I was important to them.
I was famous to them.

I was their celebrity.

and they the toughest
audience

I will ever have had.


08'