Tuesday, July 01, 2008

vagrant



Ever since
I've
know you,
you lived out of
boxes.

a vagrant.

ready to go.

I was lucky enough to catch you
during a long stretch,
where
you stayed in
one place.

when we were young, younger.

we became family.

I wanted you to know that even though,
you might have some idea
or have
a name
of where
you called home,
I always believed it was us.

your real sister,
and me.

Your home was us.

maybe including myself
in that equation is
a bit much,
too much.

But that's
how much I think of you.
that is
what you mean to me.

I worry about you,
like family does.

I am a bit upset that I can not be your bridesmaid.
I am upset that you can not have a best man.

my ego assuming,
you would ask me
to be either.

I've known you for so long.

Since
I've known you,
you lived out of boxes.

a vagrant.

kept your room
simple.

didn't own many things.

ready to go.

I've helped you move,
and sometimes you never bother to unpack.

I
visited you
in Portland,
and you still were living out of boxes.

some boxes I suspected never opened.

you've lived here and there.
never standing still for very long.

Watching people come and go.
mostly going.

You got engaged-

You will settle down.
Build a home,
and after all this time
unpack.

08'