Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Jeanniemomma

(For my sis)

God damit,
Jeaninne!

why'd you go
and get engaged.

Now I have to go and
find a
perfect wedding gift,
and
learn to dance
and
eventually shave.

You know how bad i am at
birthdays.

You know I got two left feet.

you know
I think I look cool in a beard.

Holly fuck,
You can't get married,
that will make me feel old.
you
can't
do that to me.

I'll get wrinkles, my hair will fall out, my fake teeth will be made of wood in some
environmentalist
ploy.

We haven't gone bar hopping enough.
and
I sometimes call you back late at night.
What if he's got
to work early.

Sacramento is boring.
You have to
move to L.A.
or San Francisco.
and he
never seemed the type.

You can't simply.
Take it back.
Tell em you were kiddin.
He'll understand.

Unless.

Unless,
this will make you happy.
Being
Mrs. Whatshisname.
makes you happy.
unless
this means,
someone to do the
crossword puzzle with,
and go
to Pavement shows
with all the old timers.
this will make you a mom,

unless,
you'll be happy for the rest of your long healthy eating Korean life...

Fine go ahead.
i'll understand.