Sunday, July 01, 2007

The poem could be better

The poem could be better i
thought.

If i would just give it
more time,
or one more important line.

But these things do take time,
and i got places to go.

The poem had my full attention once,
just like my last true love
and the dead fern.

I tried,
I watered
and loved,
rubbed
and spoke to it often.

(both the girl and the ferns)

But like i said,
just a little more time,
more political,
more hip hop
more for da yoots,
funnier,
less ethnic,
more ethinic-

(que chinga)

I don't know.

Fuck.
I think, this is what it is.

It is I.

Imperfect but loveable.
This is what it is.

I can't force it.

This is true for the poem, the girl and the fern.

I couldn't explain it quite right to my love,
and did an even worse job
explaining it to the dead ferns.



07'

No comments:

Post a Comment