Saturday, November 29, 2008

da lovely

She got mad
because
i laughed.

...and I don't blame her.

I laughed
because she asked me why i changed my
mind.

I laughed
because I thought it was funny.

I
changed
my mind
because
I wanted to see
her.

I showed up to see the lovely.

(well that and other reasons,
but mostly.)

I laughed
cuz I couldn't think of something else to say...

I showed up to see her,
but
didn't want it going to her head.
didn't want to make it strange,
didn't want to have to explain
didn't want
to answer the question.

but i don't blame her.

if she had just hadn't asked,
i'd still be
hearing the sound of one hand
clapping.
or
if i had answered honestly,
maybe would have had to have left anyway
for different reasons.
(either way)

I laughed
and i guess something got
lost in translation.

[if she just hadn't asked-
or had let it slide-
or even cared
what happend to me
on the next page-]
that my friend would have been...
lovely.


08'

No comments:

Post a Comment