Thursday, November 06, 2014

Reception

(Part 1 of The R B series)



I'm late.
Every one else is almost done
Eating. 

A woman with a kind 
Face greets me with forms that 
need filling out.

This is my reception into the unknown.

I was not expecting to see
any women around.

Knowing she is around brings
me a small comfort.
It always has.

Like in that book:
"even if they're only scratching their arms or blowing their noses
 or even just giggling or something.

I don't know what to expect really-
I packed light:

Sleeping Bag 
Towel
Board Game-

Well that, 
and other baggage.

She tells me just to turn the paperwork in later,
(I should eat)
and
leaves me in room full
of strangers.

I am 
Unprepared
Exhausted

Who I have I brought?
What do I want them to see?

I made a promise.

So I will
Jump through any hoop,
Stand naked,
Bleed-

But for now,
I keep the talk small and polite.

These strangers will hear enough
from me eventually.

I've been dead inside for so long,
at this point in my life I have nothing to lose.

Better late than never.

There's at least one woman around.
Maybe she'll come back for the paperwork

Dinner time is over.

They gather us up,
Something is about to happen-





No comments:

Post a Comment