Sunday, February 08, 2009

Beat

Life is a song-

my heart keeps time and
beats along perfectly
with that song.

tonight
my heart played along to the song of fear-
as I tried to revisit the past-
percussion
pumping and
pounding
performing-
perfectly,
it puts on a show-
plays the song of fear-

I know this song and my
heart continues to play it until
i hear and feel the next-
BEAT

the song of calm
it plays a gentler beat-
soothing calming

the drummer knows all the songs,
from pain to pleasure
lover to loss- fight or flight-

the drummer drops a dope ass beat
to this
epic song of life-

my heart
plays to the beat of a different drummer

different in so many delicious distinctions
different in so many disguises
destined to deliver
[because I'm not beat yet]

my heart
plays to the beat of a different drummer
and that
drummer is me-

09'

No comments:

Post a Comment