Sunday, May 22, 2011

Should the World End Tomorrow


Should I believe
the world is ending-

Should my faith in God falter,
 and
have nothing left to fear but hell.

Should I believe the world will
end tomorrow,
I would tell you everything
that I've locked inside.
chained-
starved-

I want to tell you about
the
first time I
noticed you
and the world seemed
somehow brighter.

and how when you
wear your hair a certain way,
it flows like like a endless black river
through the snow.

I want to tell you
how I've tried to
disappear to make
your life easier.

to let you go-
but
couldn't
and wont.

Should the world end tomorrow,
I'd want you to know.

Before you take his hand
to watch the last sunset-

and I wait to take your hand
to see the next sunrise,
that may never come.


2011

No comments:

Post a Comment