Saturday, September 01, 2007


alittle embarrassed

I feel alittle
embarrassed when I
write about you.

It was so long ago.
And I fear you would think
there may not be much
to mention,


And I fear you would think
it obsessive, an
Alchemy.
successfully failing at turning lead into
gold,

once again.

but
I was there too, I was there,
so this my story as well.

I feel embarrassed when I write about you because
I think you'd find that
there was nothing to say.
but
politicians, writers and critics have made livings with nothing to say...
and i can say nothing,
very well.

I feel embarrassed when I write about you because-
yes.
I loved you,
but I am not embarrassed by that,
I'm embarrassed by failing at it.
more than once-


I feel embarrassed
when
still I write about you

but although I may suffer
embarrassment,
you worth at least that, right?

at least worth
a little embarrassment-

because when we were young,
just children,
forgivable-
naive,
juvenile-

I believed I was in love,

once,
I believed
I would have
died for you-

so...
a little embarrassment,
is nothing.


07'

No comments:

Post a Comment