Saturday, July 01, 2023

The Sexy Divorcee


"I aint gonna work on Maggie's Farm no more"- Bobby D


I'm just an innocent-
just a boy in his 40's
naïve to the ways of the world,
don't know any women 
just girls.

Thinking cynicism is
a type of spice that 
goes on pies
I give it the old college try. 


I'm friends with the Sexy Divorcee,
what can I say?

Like a Belle 
and Sebastian song,
everything so right but so wrong. 


The situation makes me nervous,
but
I haven't promised you anything yet.


I bet  she's running late to something better
she hasn't been invited to yet...

I don't see my reflection in many women these days
I doubt I ever will.
But that's part of the thrill 
the wait until-

I'm friends with the Sexy Divorcee,
what can I say?

Listen, 
I had to get it out my system.

Learn about love
from the one who made
vows,  
all retired now

I wanna stick around but I don't know how....

do you know what I mean-
there's no plan,
where there's a will..
do you understand?

I want you to know me
and I'll stay 
until-

You say "I do"
and
I say you "do" too.


No comments:

Post a Comment