Thursday, July 06, 2023

No No Its Cool, Sam's A Therapist

 'Ardently do today what must be done. Who knows? Tomorrow, death comes"- Da Homie Siddhartha Gautama

I. 

II.

This kind of shit just happens 

at this dive.


Like the time 

the one arm lawyer with 

the two chicks from Estonia,

(not prostitutes,  I'm sure)

told me he probably knew Morgan

maybe from that lawyer group

or 

the StarTrek set 

from the time he got beamed up by Hollywood.


But he filled in the blanks 

like a wonk about man god and law.

Saying 

Morgan never had a chance of winning,

his Bailey Wick,

not mine.


But this time out

I came here to be alone with my thoughts

among the drunks and singers


Getting flittered with by men,

(Flattered but No)

Getting limes with my cans 

(I tip well)

Getting a pack smokes after 4 years.

(Reckless-Destructive)


I sing 

in anger

I sing

in pain

I sing

like I believe this is the last

thing I will ever say.


I sing

I sing


Amy sings sad songs

tells me she is sad too.

So many sad songs tonite.


(Isreal sings X Factor

 and my heart breaks

as the words 

hit like a rock through a window of opportunity


 (while that one dude won't 

leave me alone, flattered but no thank you)


It is time to go outside

to move one ciggy closer to death.


 (Michelle rolled me one 

earlier, but it wouldn't stay lit.)


I guess  its going to be that kind of night.


The girl with cool square 

glasses 

listens to my story.

I begin my sailor tale.

Drunk.


She says  some people choose songs

that mean nothing-

I have meant every verse-


Sam eavesdrops

its okay

its okay

He's a therapist...


The next thing I know 

I am weeping,

crying


No 

No

Its okay, Sam

he's a therapist.


Sam talks in term of Erikson, Freud, Jung, Skinner, Piaget, Pavlov and Maslow 

I gotta 

cut the Buddhist shit out

he don't know what I mean about 

Dharma and the Path of Freedom 

and beer.

I say I don't want to do this again in the next incarnation....


He says let her heal,

on her time-

and I begin to cry.


I tell em' I hate him for being right. 


He says do not forget 

yourself 

Do not forget 

your great self .


He doesn't understand

I will remove my mask for

her.

Where there is no self...

I will

Swallow my pride.

Concede.


He hugs me

more times than I have fingers on a hand.


But  all is Brahman 

I listen.

I listen.


I'm weeping-

there are strangers here.


The ciggy my hand was a choice 

towards death,

but instead I have been guided 

toward life, 

self forgiveness, and release.


I put my mask back on,

man up,

and 

go home.


This kind of shit happens at this dive 

to me all the time. 


This is suppose to happen. 

I am listening my lord.


All is Brahman 

All is Brahman.


I will give her what she needs 

from me willingly. 


I hear you my lord.




No comments:

Post a Comment