Sunday, October 08, 2023

To Me

I no longer 

want to leave the party early-

It took a lot of work to remain.

stay.

fight.


I no longer

want to sneak out the back without saying bye, 

cuz

I didn't 

wanna get 

talked out of it.


I no longer 

want the easy way out.

I am no longer an

easy way out kind of guy. 


My sister says I am dead to her.

She poisons the ear 

of the other.


As my mother fights to remain.

As my father fights to stay.

As I fight off the thought...


There is no one left

to call sister.


So I sit here and  

tell myself 

I no longer.

Remind myself

I no longer.

Breathe in prayer

please 

No longer...


[And 

the party goes on.

Sisters or no sisters,

the days will get shorter

time is shorter-

reasons to stay, [shrink]-


But I will remain 

and dance by myself 

till the last song.]




No comments:

Post a Comment