Monday, July 27, 2015

Yes Sir, No Sir

I have a problem with authority.

I see my fathers face in:

Principals,
Police,
Popes, Priests and Nuns,
n'
Parking attendants-

My father would 
beat me 
mercilessly.

No Sir,
Yes Sir-

Telling
What to do-
How to do it
and
How I was fucking it up-

I have a problem with authority. 
Yes sir.

I have a problem with:

Control 
Power
Abuse

Yes Sir, No sir.

And now it is my turn
to tell others 
what to do,
how to it
and 
how they are  fuckin it up.

I do not see my fathers face in them-
No sir.

I see my 
face as a child.

 And with 

Kindness
Compassion
and
Patience

remind them 
its okay to make mistakes
its how we learn
its how we grow

I have become the father 
I never had, to children who not mine-

so that they do not grow to
resent in anger.

No sir ree bob.











No comments:

Post a Comment