Sunday, February 08, 2009

Smartest guy in the room

I am not the
smartest guy
in the room.

I do not even know
what that
would mean.

there is so very
much i
do not know.

but i do
know
that i don't want
to be here
and I know I
don't want to meet your friends.

a pretty face, small breast and skinny limbs
had
rendered me temporarily
mentally incapacitated.

dumb in fact. or stupid. take your pick.

a pretty face
will do that.

I shouldn't be making any major decisions,
I shouldn't try to get to know you-
fuck
I shouldn't operate heavy machinery,
let alone have driven here.

Honey-
I am not who you think I am.

I am actually a moron, lummox, a galoot

and you're trouble.

the smartest
guy in the room
is the first to
head for the door.

and it just happened to be me.

09'

No comments:

Post a Comment