Monday, June 02, 2008

green



I tuned my Jarana,
the
best I could.

Its green strings,
match its
ribbon strap.

I have named you green.

small Jarana,
making my hands feel huge,
ape like,
foreign.


Its green strings
need to be replaced,
which
I can not do at the present time.

So me and green, make do.

I try my best to make you sing.

Tightening the strings
slowly.

Trying hard
to
get the
notes right...

I had no idea what I was doing.

It felt like making love to a girl,
taking my time,
slowly.

plucking each string,
listening.

plucking again
and again.

trying to get it right.
trying to get it perfect.

trying to make little green sing.

The strings need to be replace.

though the notes are not perfect
My Jarana and I
like any lover
before,
still make music.

08'

No comments:

Post a Comment