Monday, December 11, 2023

10 Reasons I Wanna Write Part 1


 (As posed in Writing Down the Bones by N. Goldberg
)

I want to write because...

1) the 17 year old still in me, is still trying so fucking hard to impress her.

2) Bukowski made personal truth seem more important than fitting in.

3) I'm sad.

4) I want to use poetry as bait, to land and fall in love with a girl whose mother and father loved her, and raised her to not be broken, maybe she'll let me in on the secret.

5) I never got tattoos in the 90 like a fucken idiot, and I wanna be interesting. 

6) I want to join the Velvet Underground, are they still a thing.

7)  I'm not the worst at it, or at least that's what it says on the box.

8) I forget what Eight was for.

9) I got a couple poems published, it was a treat to see the book in a Barnes and Noble, and when I die I will live on in those poems, and in those books like a ghost. I wanna fill it up with many ghosts to haunt that bitch, like the Haunted Mansion ride.

10) I can only really connect with you in art, I secretly  don't like you.


No comments:

Post a Comment