Friday, November 24, 2023

There's plenty of Time

(From the Death is Just a Number Series)


I could hear your voice for a second say

"Don't trip chocolate chip"

The last time we spoke was about 15 years ago-

Where did the time go? 


You died in the pandemic

I didn't attend 

the funeral.


I tried to reach your mother.

I tried.

There was no time.


We fought.  But we never mended.

I was gonna try,

one day. 

There was no time.


I  came to conclusion your what I imagined my father was like at our age.

A dick. 

But you were my like my brother,

I was a dick too.


You told me I'd marry the first girl 

who'd fuck me.


No, she went on to fuck and breed with someone else.

She loved me, but I didn't know I was too broken.


Your dumb ass knocked up a virgin on a first date, she didn't love you.

But your baby did-


No one loved me after that, 

even the ones that said they did,

 even the ones that swore they did-

My mother tells the same lie.


I came home broken 

to be further broken

and I stopped caring.


I floated 

in this swamp 

like a lotus 

trying to stay pure

just

waiting to die.


I'm still waiting.


I don't know how to love anyone

or anything.

There's no time left to learn.


There's no time

to forgive those who hurt us

to forgive love not returned

to forgive violence and humiliations for spectacle -


But then I remember

Death is Not the End dear friend-


We choose or loved ones before we are born-

I loved you so much-

I will see you again as we have for so many incarnations before and so many after.


Its all an illusion-

there's plenty of time because there is no time.

Time is an illusion


And like the Buddha 

for a second I can hear you say 

"Don't trip chocolate Chip"


There is 

only light

only love

only hope


There's no time.

There's no time to waste


Between the two of us,

you lived.


For Now



No comments:

Post a Comment