Friday, October 19, 2012

Why Keep Failing?


Some men spend
their entire lives perfecting
Writing,
Sex,
Money Scams,
Medical Cures,
War-
(or other ways
of killing other men.)

Each mastering
their craft.

Masters of Art
Masters of Money
Masters of Life
Masters of Death

I ponder my own existence.

What was i perfecting?
What am i master of?

What do i have to show
for all these years?

I have nothing.
Nothing but myself to show for.
I am an imperfect being, constantly trying
to perfect itself.

But everyday i wake up and try.

And some will scoff,
or shake their heads.

Perfection is only for
a Jesus
a Buddha
or someone holy.

And they will say
how dare you?!
How dare you try.
How dare you suggest…  

Not understanding-
Failing to understand
that was the whole point of their existence-
Of our existence.

So I
continue to fail
continue to try
continue to perfect.

I  will be master of myself, one day.
What else is there to do?
Death will come either way,
I assure you,  someone out there
is working on it.


12'



No comments:

Post a Comment