Sunday, September 28, 2008

just sitting there



"and we listen to the sea
and look at the sky in a poetic kind of way
what you call it when you look at the sky in a poetic kind of way
you know when you grope for luna"
-f.b



I didn't
say
anything
I
just sat there.

But I felt
closer
to you than
I have
with anyone
in awhile.

I didn't say
anything.
you didn't say
anything.

it was ideal,
the moment where I can
feel at ease not to speak.
and not need someone to say anything
in return.

i felt connected to you.
almost
spiritually.

I thought
if
I have written
about
whales,
boxers, madmen
and oil changes.

I should mention
it.

I intended to
say something
sweet.
or kind.

but your
not a character
in that
kind of story.

I thought it
deserved a poem.

and this was
it.


08'

No comments:

Post a Comment